Ignus Orsus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+RULES+ READ ME

2 posters

Go down

+RULES+ READ ME Empty +RULES+ READ ME

Post by Risuna Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 am

Hello, and welcome to the forum rules.
You're expected to read and follow these as a member of Ignus Orsus.

Simple beginnings, yes?

• Don't pick on the new members, aka. the newbies or n00bs. This is supposedly called newbie bashing. If you are new and are targeted because of that, report it to Risuna, or a moderator [the ones with the colourful names] and they'll alert the admin. It'll then be dealt with in whatever way.

• Don't make more than one account. I know people do it here, I'm an IP spyer. Which is the number address of where you're accessing the net from.
    If you are posting from the same IP address as someone else, I'm going to be asking you why that is. If the reason isn't good enough, I'll be talking with the admin about it. Dupe accounts are only allowed with the permission of Risuna.

Concerning posts and the like;

• When posting topics or replies

• Posts are to be longer than 3 words! Unless you're in Word Games. We're nice there. Post with less than 3 and you get a verbal warn. RP replies require more than 3.

• Speak English. This is an English speaking forum, so stick with it. Unless we have a topic for another language. And post in proper English, yeah? Nice sentences, punctuation and your best grammar. Don't spam with CAPS, or spam at all. We'll get you about it.

• Cursing, swearing. It's allowed, but often not appreciated. And if we see it, we're likely to censor it. Remember the innocent eyes, people. No so-called 'F-bomb' though. Who came up with that awful word for it?

• Check for topics before posting one. If you make a duplicate topic, you'll get told off and we'll either delete it or merge it with the other topic.
      And make sure it's in the right section. Because that would be double fail.

• Keep as on-topic as possible, even in the Off-Topic area.

• No advertising anything unnecessary. If it's a game, okay, but only where it matters. No eBay, no Amazon, nothing that wants our money. And make sure it's safe and won't attempt to murder some poor unprotected computer with spyware, adware or viruses like worms, trojans and things that kill. We don't want pr0n either, so keep your nekkid pervy stuff to yourself.

• Don't make multiple posts, aka. double posting. Don't treat it how you'd treat instant messaging or Facebook/Myspace commenting. You have an 'Edit' button. Use it. I don't want to see more than one of your posts in one topic in a row, unless it's for updating a creative topic or for a topic like this.

Signature width/height guidelines;

• 600 width and 300 height is the max you can make your signatures/banners/etc., as to keep the forums from running over on the sides or expanding the pages to silly lengths. We have members who access the forums on mobile devices and small screens, so please keep this in mind while making them.

In regards to general behaviour, composure and content;

• No trolling, flaming and yay. Read on, young adventurer.

• Flaming is insulting and deriding others. We don't like it.

• Trolling is deliberately posting with intent to cause trouble. We don't like that either.

• Baiting is treating others in a manner than will provoke a negative reaction. Try to avoid it.

• Drama stirring is attempting to discredit or undermine other members. And also making current drama worse. Gosh. Steer clear.

• Harassment is stalking another member on the forum, in PM and beyond in a way they don't like. We'll try and stamp this one out as best we can.

• Criticism. In regards to this one, there are do's and don't's.
    You're free to voice your opinions and criticise particular things. But have some substance to it, explain your point. If you're commenting on a creative topic, be as constructive as possible. Give tips, offer suggestions, praise the good. Don't be so blunt xD Most people don't appreciate straight up honesty.

• No hacking or computer attacks. Don't be trying to kill computers on purpose. We mostly hate Microsoft, it's the truth, but people need that system to be usable to be here.

• No racist, sexual or illegal stuff. Don't link it, don't post it. If you don't realise you're being insulting, we'll question your common sense and talk to you about it. But if you are going to make a topic of a perhaps sexual nature, consult your local moderator first. We've got kids here.
    On the note of illegal stuff, I have to admit this is going to include a lot of downloadable material, particularly music. If it's not on a known website where the creators are offering it for free download, don't post it.

Warn system;

• While one was previously listed, we've never employed it. So, we'll do it like this:
    Each member of staff will warn members as they see fit. Admins and global moderators can hand out bans, but only as a last resort.
    So... It's case dependant.

• If you think yourself or another have been inappropriately warned or banned, PM one of the admins to appeal it.

Roleplays;

• Basic rules above apply.

• The original post maker can also set rules for their own RPs. If none are listed, assume the usual rules.

• For a general run-down on basic RP etiquette, see [link].

Did I miss anything?
I hope not =)

Shiki

You did, final rule, most important not up for debate rule, Shiki may never change his name from Shiki.

Last edited by Risuna on Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated, renewed.)
Risuna
Risuna
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 5297
Rep : 29
Registration date : 2008-10-24

http://toastelic.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

+RULES+ READ ME Empty Re: +RULES+ READ ME

Post by Mintei Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:29 am

Rules updated;

Just so you know.
Pretty much the same thing, just reworded by the me of 3 years ago.
Mintei
Mintei
sees you...
sees you...

Number of posts : 8098
Rep : 26
Registration date : 2008-10-28

http://mrmintjam.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum